Several hundred fans waited out a 5-hour

Several hundred fans waited out a 5-hour

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Ven 01 Fév 2019, 4:51 am

NEW YORK (AP) — http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-willie-mays-jersey , 35-minute rain delay Wednesday in Citi Field’s covered areas, pouring back beer or coffee to pass the time. A handful along the first-base line chanted “Let’s play ball!” to the tune of “Let’s go Mets!” On the suite level, others napped on couches.In the clubhouse, New York starter Zack Wheeler sat around, paced the room, then sat around some more.“A lot of walking around,” he said.Then just like that, he and the Mets flipped the switch, jumping on the Miami Marlins following a long delay for a soggy 13-0 victory that wrapped up early Thursday morning.The teams were set to play a single-admission doubleheader Wednesday to make up Monday’s rainout, but the nightcap was pushed to Thursday. They now will play two games beginning at 3:10 p.m. to conclude a four-game series.Showers fell throughout the day, and it was still misting when Wheeler finally threw the first pitch at 9:45 p.m.Wheeler (11-7) tossed one-hit ball into the seventh and allowed four hits over eight innings. Paul Sewald got the final out at 12:15 a.m.Wheeler told manager Mickey Callaway following the eighth that he was drained after spending about 12 hours at the ballpark.“I really would’ve liked to finish it, but I was tired,” Wheeler said.Jay Bruce hit a grand slam Will Clark Jersey , Jeff McNeil had three hits and Amed Rosario and Dominic Smith each homered for the Mets, rewarding the rain-soaked fans who stuck around to watch a matchup between NL East laggards.“The challenge is to get back up going again after you’ve sat for so long,” Callaway said. “Guys are coming around asking, ‘Hey, you get any word? You get any word?’ You have to wait six hours, then all of a sudden, you turn it on like a switch. They did a pretty good job of it tonight.”It could’ve been worse. The White Sox and Rangers were delayed in Chicago for 7 1/2 hours on Aug. 13, 1990, though it’s unclear if that was the longest delay in major league history. That game was finally postponed around 9 p.m.The Marlins seemed sluggish from the start, and the Mets poured it on. Smith scored on Jose Reyes’ second-inning double after relay man Starlin Castro held the ball, apparently unaware that Smith had just rounded third. Third baseman Brian Anderson then misplayed Tomas Nido’s grounder, allowing Reyes to score.“It was the same both ways,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said of the delay. “Just a long day Barry Bonds Jersey , a lot of sitting around. And that’s all.”McNeil added an RBI triple to make it 3-0, and also had an RBI single in the sixth. The rookie raised his batting average to .340 in 46 games.Rosario added a three-run homer in the fourth off Trevor Richards (3-9). Rosario entered the game batting .322 with a .488 slugging percentage since Aug. 10.Richards said it was probably the longest delay he’s experienced.“You just hung out in the clubhouse,” he said. “There’s card games going on, listen to music, and there’s games on TV and stuff. Just hang out and kill time.”Bruce and Smith went deep during a seven-run sixth inning that capped the scoring.COME BACK SOON!The Mets are inviting fans with tickets to Wednesday’s scheduled doubleheader back for any home game from Sept. 25-27 or any Monday-Thursday game next April, excluding opening day.STOPPING BYTop prospect Peter Alonso was finally in uniform at Citi Field, just not as part of New York’s active roster. Alonso was honored on the field as the Mets’ minor league player of the year about two weeks after New York frustrated fans by declining to promote him to the major leagues.TRAINER’S ROOMMarlins: RHP Dan Straily is likely to miss the rest of the season with a strained oblique. … Miami is still trying to sort out who will start Saturday’s game at Philadelphia.UP NEXTMiami rookie RHP Sandy Alcantara (2-0, 0.75 ERA) will face Mets LHP Steven Matz (5-11, 4.17) in the opener Thursday, with Marlins RHP Jeff Brigham (0-1, 9.00 ERA) and Mets LHP Jason Vargas (5-9, 6.75) going in the nightcap. ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The Los Angeles Angels nearly came through with a no-hitter in a bullpen game.However http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-madison-bumgarner-jersey , Blake Parker gave up Isiah Kiner-Falefa’s single to right with one out in the eighth inning for Texas’ first hit and the Angels held on for a 1-0 victory over the Rangers on Tuesday night.“I left that ball up to Isiah Kiner-Falefa,” Parker said. “If I get that down, it’s probably a ground ball.”The Angels’ starting rotation was decimated by injuries this season, paving the way for what was the fifth bullpen game of the season. Jim Johnson made his second career start and pitched 1 1/3 innings. He was followed by Noe Ramirez, Hansel Robles, Cam Bedrosian, Justin Anderson and Jose Alvarez, who combined to get through seven innings without giving up a hit.Parker found difficulty in the eighth. After Kiner-Falefa’s single to break up the bid, he got pinch hitter Ronald Gumzan to fly out to left field, then allowed a sharp single by Rougned Odor. Scioscia opted to change pitchers, and those two hits would be all the Rangers could muster. The Angels got out of the inning on a nice defensive play at third base by Kaleb Cowart with runners on second and third.“(Odor) was out front a little bit and he got some good wood on it and it fell in,” Parker said. “I was glad (Ty) Buttrey came in and nailed that down for us and kept us in it.”As he walked off the mound, Parker looked to the sky and smacked his hand lightly in his glove in obvious disappointment he wasn’t able to keep the no-hitter going.Ramirez (5-5) got the win Juan Marichal Jersey , and Buttrey earned the save.“They made some great plays behind their pitchers, and I thought their pitchers did a heck of a job retiring 12 in a row at one point,” Rangers manager Jeff Banister said. “We had a couple opportunities early but couldn’t cash in. We stayed in the game well. During the eighth, we gave ourselves an opportunity.”Jose Fernandez hit his first career home run for the Angels in the second inning, adding another milestone to the 30-year-old Cuban’s rookie season after making his major league debut June 8.“I feel very proud of what I accomplished and helped the team to win,” Fernandez said through a translator. “I’m very happy to be here. It’s a great moment.”Catcher Joe Hudson made his major league debut for the Angels, calling a game for eight pitchers in a shutout and near milestone game.Hudson obviously knew the no-hitter was on the line, and he figured it would happen as the game wore on.“I’d be lying if I told you no,” he said. “I had a good feeling we’d get through it after the seventh. Almost.”Adrian Sampson (0-1) made his first start for the Rangers this season and second career start. His last previous start was with Seattle in 2016, but his career went off track when warming up for what was supposed to be his second start with the Mariners. He was injured, had to have surgery to repair a torn flexor tendon and worked his way back.Sampson allowed Fernandez’s homer among two hits in five innings.Fernandez got the silent treatment from his teammates when he walked through the dugout, arms outstretched looking for teammates to high-five. When he got to the end of the dugout, Mike Trout splashed him in the face with a cup of water.“He actually said that a few days ago so I was expecting that http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-cepeda-jersey ,” Fernandez said. “He wanted my first home run to be celebrated that way, throwing water on my face.”ANGELS BULLPEN GAMES ARE A THINGThe eight pitchers used in a nine-inning shutout ties the major league record last done by the Angels on Aug. 30, 2014, against Oakland.LAST NO-NOJered Weaver threw the last no-hitter for the Angels on May 2, 2012, against Minnesota.LONG TIME BETWEEN STARTSJohnson made his last start in his major league debut with Baltimore in 2006. He made 666 relief appearances between starts.TRAINER’S ROOMAngels: RHP Nick Tropeano (right shoulder inflammation) will have a plate-rich plasma injection Friday and after 10 days begin his rehab program. He will not return this season.UP NEXTRangers: RHP Yovani Gallardo (8-4, 6.22 ERA) is 1-3 over his last five starts after a 7-1 stretch before that. He faced the Angels once this year, allowing two runs on six hits in six innings but was not involved in the decision of the Rangers’ 4-2 win Aug. 19.Angels: RHP Felix Pena (2-4, 4.04 ERA) got the win in his last start Friday after allowing two runs in seven innings with six strikeouts and no walks in Chicago He makes his first career appearance against the Rangers and 15th start of the season.

laiyongcai92
Visiteur insistant

Message(s) : 19
Pseudo ingame: laiyongcai92

Retour vers General Discussion